Thursday 3 October 2013

a hard piece


I just had a few seconds to grab some tea from my stock room. Unfolded a paper wraping with a little of dust and a piece of hard stone like tea leaves tightly pressed. I do not send these pieces, mainly the middle of the cake, to customers. I rather drink them as most of the people do not like getting these hard chunks.

I do not even know what I am drinking. What a relieve not to worry about this and that, just drink your cup of tea. These chunks disolve very slowly and in later infusion they give you a full pot of leaves.

First steep is very light. The first means the one after the two rinsing, washing brews.

The second is very delicious, what a nice melow, fine, bitterish taste. Its like a pu-erh aging for about 2-3 years.

The third is a blow, 5 times stronger that the previous. The chunk is opening. Full, dense, spicy like, honey taste, ripe but still fresh not dry plums, with sugary tones.

The fourth. Golden, coppery, orange clear tea soup. Ohh, this is good, really good. The mind is getting high, mindfull and alert. At the same time quietness settles down. It has a typical bitterness that is ranging from mountain to mountain. My friend Chajotaurus was saying that we eat very little bitter food so that we tend to like the bitternes that found in pu-erh. Could be. The aroma of the cup is perfect, I like that sweetie, fruity scent.

The sixth, is buttery, with bitter coating disapearing in caramel like aftertaste. It is really there, the caramel like Toffee like taste. I found this recently in one top grade coffe I tasted in one small coffee roasting shop. The first I had a coffe prepared more like a tea, just driping through a paper sieve.

The seventh is here, more caramel, dryness and thirst for plain water. Uhh, I like water, warm water with clean aftertaste, even the aftertaste has a tendency to change.

Even a left over, hard chunk makes your mind happy and optimistic. Gives you bliss and hope for the upcoming days. Was this Bulang or Youle? It does not matter.

It was Bulang, the aftertaste I recognize a few hours later, so typical for this mountain. I felt it even a day later and I thought I would drink gushu pu-erh only every second day, to appreciate it more and not have a daily aftertaste mixed up with one from the other day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment